Please read this if you are new to the blog!

There is further explanation of this blog on the My China Reflections Website, please visit it before reading too much more. Also please keep in mind that you should really start reading from the beginning which means here, and work your way forward in time. Thanks, Mark

12.1.07

Leaving China

After 11 months to within a day in China I did not want to leave and even now still want to return.

While there I had collected so may acquaintances that a week before leaving I needed to start tracking them down to say good bye. I had dinners with many of them, including my class, and then on the day I flew out I had a long bus ride to Shanghai Airport during which I SMSed everyone in my phone contacts list, mentioning my departure and thanking them for helping me have a great time in China. I flew out that afternoon to the United States to visit my parents and fix my Green Card before returning to Australia two weeks later.

I was very sad to leave China. Being there taught me a lot about the world and the work I should do. More importantly, it was one of the only places I have visited in recent years that I really appreciated. At the moment, I intend to return in the next few years to work or continue my studies.

没有评论: